How to Get Rid of Bed Bugs In a Mattress
Each night, you don’t intend to think about bed bugs while you rest in bed.
Unfortunately, bed bugs are extremely common.
It is estimated that one out of five Americans has experienced bed bug infestations in their houses or know someone who has.
We’re going to share a few ideas for eliminating bed bug infestations on your own in this message.
So let’s dive in.
Are bed bugs a problem?
What places are bed bugs found?
What are the reasons for bed bug infestations?
What is the best way to eliminate bed bugs from a mattress?
- Discard any detachable covers, such as sheets and pillowcases. To avoid contamination, place the clothes in garbage bags when transporting them to the washing machine. Wash with hot water.
- Dispose of your pillow. Then vacuum your mattress thoroughly with the hose pipe attachment, paying attention to seams, holes, and also impressions where bed bugs hide. Clean the vacuum cleaner container and the vacuum cleaner bag outside to ensure there are no bed bugs in the vacuum cleaner.
- Cover the mattress and box spring with bed bug-proof covers. This is a very specialized mattress guard that wraps around your mattress from end to end. Bed bugs cannot get through the unique product, and their zippers are so tight that even the tiniest bed bug cannot escape. The mattress cover should be left on for a minimum of one year to ensure that all bed bugs as well as their eggs in the mattress have been destroyed. It is very important to remember that bed bugs can survive without food for months at a time.
- Check for cracks and also joins on the head board as well as the frame. Make sure you read the whole tag and also follow the directions to avoid pesticide poisoning. A pesticide incorrectly applied can be deadly.
- Get rid of your bed. Place bed bug interceptor cups under each foot of your bed, far away from the wall. These cups, which contain insecticide, will entrap and also kill bed bugs that attempt to climb up the bed legs. The only thing touching the floor on your bed should be the feet in your interceptor mugs. Bed skirts, blankets that reach the ground, and any other bedding that reaches the ground should not be used.
- Make sure the flooring is thoroughly vacuumed. In addition to your bed room, bed bugs can also be found elsewhere in your house. Repeat this process on a regular basis. It is during this period that recently laid eggs will hatch and mature, so keep an eye on them.
A better alternative would be:
Think about getting a new mattress rather than covering your existing mattress for a year with a bed bug proof cover. Additionally to offering you an excellent evening’s rest, a brand-new mattress ensures that there will be no bed bugs in it.
Nonetheless, if you already have bed bugs in your room or house, it is still a good idea to eliminate them before purchasing a new mattress. Before you install a brand-new latex mattress, you should get rid of any existing bed bugs and get rid of your old mattress because bed bugs can easily spread throughout your home.
Future precautions include never placing luggage on a bed, removing and washing clothing immediately after traveling, and avoiding buying pre-owned furnishings.